The After-School Program operates from the close of the regular school day until 6:30 p.m. Children enrolled in the regular day program may enroll in the afterschool program. Children are brought in to the gymnasium area by their teachers and dropped off with the Academic Athlete Staff. Staff members take roll and begin homework/tutoring and reading programs. Once these items have been completed, children participate in a wide variety of activities that challenge body and mind.
AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAM PHILOSOPHY
The Academic Athlete Plus believes that participation in interscholastic and extracurricular activities offers the best approach for children to begin to gain values and characteristics that they will use for the rest of their lives.
The Academic Athlete Plus is proud to be a low-cost alternative to the high cost of Daycare. Check our rates against any Daycare within a 5-mile radius. If the only reason you are at a Daycare is because they offer before school care, then contact us immediately. We will work with you to save you hundreds of dollars each year.
- Focus on the Child
- To provide a healthy living atmosphere by creating a warm, trusting relationship among the children and between the child and his/her teacher.
- To nurture a sense of independence within each child by providing decision-making experiences to promote self-discipline.
- To develop and promote a positive self-concept.
- To help children express and cope with their emotions.
- To help children learn how to get along with others, recognizing different values and attitudes of others.
- To offer opportunities that will develop an individual’s creativity.
Focus on the Parent
- To make parents feel confident that their children have been left in a safe, healthy, happy, and stimulating environment.
- To create an open relationship between parent and staff that will promote positive interactions concerning children.
- To provide an environment in which parents can nurture more productive relationships with their children.